Retirement Planning involves the disciplined accumulation of a planned amount of money, by a specific target date. This money must be sufficient to provide you with an inflation-proof income that will comfortably outlast you, as well as your dependent partner. In addition, this fund must be sufficient to take care of medical emergencies, allow you to travel, as well as enjoy the free time you’ll have at hand once you hang up your work boots for good!
Most of us in India do not adopt a planned approach to our retirement planning, and this often leads to much strife in our twilight years.
Retirement planning mistakes you could be making… Retirement plan?
- Always postponing it for “a better time”
- Blindly purchasing low-yielding insurance polices for your retirement
- Saving only into fixed return instruments such as fixed deposits and ppf
- Occasionally drawing upon your retirement fund for short term “wants”
- Saving without a proper target in mind
- According it the lowest priority, compared to your other goals
- Ignoring it altogether!
Did You Know
The correct time to start planning for your retirement is the day you receive your first paycheck. Well begun is half done. With Retirement Planning, the costs of delay can be staggering!
GET IN TOUCH!
To speak with an expert Financial Planner on how to maximize the returns from your idle savings using liquid funds, fill out your details here and we’ll get back to you